16-Channel DAC FMC module – High-Pin-Count
The FMC216 is a sixteen-channel DAC FMC Daughter Card which is fully compliant with the VITA 57.1-2008 standard. The FMC216 provides sixteen D/A 16-bit 312.5Msps (2.5Gsps with x8 interpolation) channels which can be sampled by an internal clock source (optionally locked to an external reference) or an externally supplied sample clock. A trigger input for customized sampling control is also available. The FMC216 has the HPC (high-pin count) connector, front panel I/O, and is conduction cooled capable.
The design is based on Texas Instrument’s DAC39J84 quad channel 16-bit DAC with JESD204B signaling. The analog signal output is DC coupled with offset correction circuitry, connecting to a connector on the front panel.
The FMC216 allows flexible control on sampling frequency through serial communication busses. Furthermore the card is equipped with power supply and temperature monitoring and offers several power-down modes to switch off unused functions or protect the card from overheating.
- 16 channel 16-bit 312.5 Msps D/A conversion
- Conduction cooled compatible
- ANSI/VITA 57.1-2010 compliant
- Based on DAC39J84
- 1.5V to 3.3V VADJ operation
- Single ended DC coupled outputs
- Programmable DC offset correction
- Flexible clock tree enables
- External or Internal clock
- External clock output
- External or internal reference
- HPC (high-pin count) compatible
- A breakout cable on the front panel makes all clock and trigger signals available on individual coax cables.
- MIL-I-46058c conformal coating (optional)
- 2Vpp output range
- (LV)TTL compatible trigger input, LVTTL trigger output
- 0dBm clock input (typ.)
- ±1.25V Offset correction (40 µV steps)