The FMC140 is an analog-to-digital (A/D) FMC daughter card that provides four 16-bit A/D channels at 370MSPS which can be clocked by an internal clock source (optionally locked to an external reference) or by an externally-supplied sample clock. A trigger input is also available for customized sampling control. The FMC140 is mechanically and electrically compliant to the FMC standard (ANSI/VITA 57.1-2010). It offers front panel analog I/O access and can be used in a conduction-cooled environment.
The design is based on Texas Instrument’s ADC16DX370 dual-channel 16-bit 370MSPS ADC. The analog signal inputs are either AC or DC-coupled and connected to MMCX/SSMC coax connectors on the front panel. The FMC140 allows flexible control of sampling frequency and offset correction through serial communication busses. The card is equipped with power supply and temperature monitoring and offers several power-down modes to switch off unused functions. The FMC140 is ideal for applications where limited space is available such as RADAR/SONAR, wireless telecommunications, and aerospace test and measurement instruments.
The FMC140 also features a JESD204B serial interface to provide a simplified high-speed interface between the data converters and the FPGA with a minimum of digital IO on the board. This module therefore delivers high-bandwidth connectivity suited for a wide range of calculation-heavy FPGA-based applications such as beamforming, direction finding, and software-defined radio (SDR).
- Four-channel, 16-bit A/D up to 370 MSPS
- VITA 57.1-2010 compliant
- JESD204B serial interface
- Conduction-cooled – Standard Option
- AC or DC-coupled analog signals
- 6 SSMC/MMCX front panel connectors
- Clock source, sampling frequency, and calibration through SPI communication busses
- Flexible clock tree enables:
- Internal clock source
- External sampling or reference clock
- Power-down modes to switch off unused functions for system power savings
- Mil-I-46058c Conformal Coating Compliant (optional)
- HPC – High Pin Count connector