The VR300 is a Test RTM, typically used during firmware and software development and debugging cycles on the VF360. The rear panel contains two mini-USB connectors, a Dual mini-SAS (SFF-8088) connector and a SFP case.
The SFP cage provides a 1Gbps Ethernet connection to the DSP. Copper and optical SFP transceiver modules are supported.
The eight full-duplex High-Speed Serial Interface lanes on the Dual mini-SAS connects to the FPGA on the X8d[1:4] and X12d[1:4] OpenVPX signals. Typical protocols on the mini-SAS is PCIe, XAUI, SRIO, SerialLite II and others.
The FPGA mini-USB connector on the rear panel is part of a USB-Blaster, implemented on the VF360, that connects to the FPGA. It provides SignalTap® II and other JTAG based functionality.
The DSP mini-USB connector on the rear panel is part of an XDS100 emulator, implemented on the RTM, that connects to the DSP. It provides in-circuit emulation (ICE) functionality as well as a USB serial port for debugging.
A VF360 Firmware Reference Design (FRD) provides a XAUI interface on the VR300 mini-SAS connector for a cable connection to other cards in the same or other racks.
The VF360 Parsec product is a 3U VPX carrier card with a Stratix® V FPGA, TMS320C667X DSP processor and FMC site.
- mini USB connector
- Connects to Stratix® V FPGA
- SignalTap® II Logic Analyzer
- FPGA configuration via JTAG
- EPCQ Programming
- mini USB connector
- Connect to TMS320C667X DSP
- In Circuit Emulation (ICE)
- USB Serial Port for debugging
- Compatible with Code Composer Studio
REAR PANEL Ethernet CHARACTERISTICS
- 1Gbps Ethernet connection to DSP
- SFP cage supports copper and optical SFP transceiver modules
REAR PANEL mini-SAS CHARACTERISTICS
- Dual SFF-8088 connector
- 8x full-duplex High-Speed Serial Interface lanes
- Connect to FPGA on X8d[1:4] and X12d[1:4] OpenVPX signals
- Up to 6Gb/s data rate
- Up to 10m cables
- VF360 Firmware Reference Design (FRD) with XAUI on Mini-SAS
- Firmware development services available on request
- FPGA debugging with SignalTap® II Logic analyzer
- DSP debugging and in-circuit emulation with XDS100
- 1Gbps Ethernet connection via SFP
- High-speed serial rear panel connection between cards