The VPX-ZU1-SDR from PanaTeQ is a 3U OpenVPX module based on a Xilinx Zynq Ultrascale+ MPSoC ZU6EG/ZU9EG/ZU15EG using JESD204B interface to an Analog Devices AD9371 or AD9375 Wideband RF Transceiver. Available in Air Cooled or Conduction Cooled version (see picture), this module offers incredible capabilities for the developers looking for ruggedized Software Defined Radio applications and targeting the defence/aerospace market. The module can work as stand-alone module or can be the SBC of the VPX system using the power effecient Quad-Core ARM Cortex A53 SoC and the on-board PCIe Gen2 Switch (worldwide unique feature).
- The Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC
- Quad-core ARM Cortex-A53 based Application Processing Unit (APU)
- Dual-core ARM Cortex-R5 based Real-Time Processing Unit (RPU)
- ARM MALI-400 based Graphic Processing Unit (GPU)
- UltraScale+ Programmable Logic (PL)
- Rich set of peripheral connectivity interfaces
- Up to 2GB 16-bit of DDR4-2400 available Programmable Logic Memory
- 64GB of soldered eMMC managed NAND Flash for local data storage.
- External memory interfaces
The VPX3-ZU1-SDR uses four advanced DC/DC power modules from Linear Technology using PMBus and PanaTeQ’s Smart Power Management technology.
A large number of the Zynq Ultrascale+ PS peripherals are available on the VPX backplane: 1x ETH 1000Base-T, 2x USB 3.0/2.0, 2x USB 2.0, 1x SATA 3.1, 2x CAN-2.0B, 2x RS-232/422/485, 4x MGT, 20x GPIO, Video Out Display Port 1.2.
The AD9371/AD9375 component is a highly integrated, wideband RF transceiver offering dual channel transmitters and receivers, integrated synthesizers, and digital signal processing functions.
They operate from 300 MHz to 6000 MHz, covering most of the licensed and unlicensed cellular bands. The IC supports receiver bandwidths up to 100 MHz. It also supports observation receiver and transmit synthesis bandwidths up to 250 MHz to accommodate digital correction algorithms.
The VPX3-ZU1-SDR is supported with Linux BSP and upon request VxWorks Plus BSP.