As such this system gives you a fine delay module on a one bank PC104 FPGA carrier card.
Key points of the module:
- LEMO 00 connectors for all input/outputs.
- FMC mezzanine using a Low Pin Count (LPC) connector.
- TTL, outputs capable of driving a 50 Ohm load, > 2 V/ns slew rate
- TDC Chip: ACAM TDC-GPX multifunctional High-end Time-to-Digital Converter
- Timing: +/- 2.5 ppm on-board oscillator accuracy, or WR master oscillator accuracy
- 1 inputs, TTL/LVTTL3.3 with software selectable 2kOhm/50 Ohm termination.
- need to be protected against +5V pulses with a pulse width of at least 10us@50Hz.
- Timing: 20ns maximum input pulse edge rise time; Minimum pulse width tIW = 50 ns: Pulses below 24 ns are rejected; 1Mhz bandwidth;
- 4 outputs, TTL-compatible levels DC-coupled:
- Voh = 3 V, Vol = 200 mV (50 Ohm load), Voh = 6V, Vol = 400 mV (high impedance).
- Rise/fall: 2.5ns; Power-up state: LOW (2 kOhm pulldown), guaranteed glitch-free
- 10ps resolution; Pulse generator mode accuracy 300 ps.
- Output-to-output jitter 10 ps rms; 80 ps rms trigger-to-output jitter
- 100 ns – 16 s output pulse spacing
- 6-layer PCB.
- Vadj 2.5V or higher.
The board can work in the following modes:
- Pulse Delay: produces one or more pulse(s) on selected outputs a given time after an input trigger pulse.
- Pulse Generator: produces one or more pulse(s) on selected outputs starting at an absolute time value programmed by the user. In this mode, time base is usually provided by the White Rabbit network.
- Time to Digital Converter: tags all trigger pulses and delivers the timestamps to the user’s application.
Key points of the carrier:
- PCIe/104 OneBank Carrier for Trenz SoC Modules
- PCI Express Gen 2 compatible and integrate PCI Express switch
- Infitive number of EMC²-DP can be stacked for large I/O solutions
- Expandable with any VITA57.1 FMC I/O Module for more flexibility
- 96mm x 90 mm PC/104 Form-Factor with Cable-less Break-Out PCB Connector
The oi010 needs to be coupled with the FPGA module of your choice. Depending on the application you are designing for, we have a range of FPGAs to suit.
They are all based on the Trenz 5×4 System on Module standard, including Artix, Zync, Kintex and Kintex UltraScale FPGAs
For more information on these modules, please see out SoM Systems please see our range here: SoM Range.OI020